FireWire is a method to transfer information between digital devices like audio and video components. It is a popular connector for adding peripherals to computer.
Uses of FireWire
- To connect digital camcorders.
- To connect external hard drives.
- To connect other devices that can benefit from high data transfer rate (up to 480Mbps).
- To connect to computers to transfer files.
Advantages of FireWire
- To transfer power to the device through the same data transfer cable.
Disadvantages of FireWire
- It is more expensive.