VLSI and Necessity of VLSI
VLSI (Very Large Scale Integration)
VLSI is the process of creating integrated circuit by combining transistors into a single chip. These circuits are CMOS based (nMOS, PMOS and BiCMOS etc).
Necessity of VLSI
- Size of circuits are reduced
- VLSI occupies a relatively low area
- VLSI uses much lower power
- VLSI has high reliability
- VLSI operating speed is highly increased.
BiCMOS combines the features of bipolar (NPN and PNP) trabsistor and CMOS technology. The application BiCMOS in subsystem such as ALU, ROM, register file and so on.